Wednesday, September 29, 2010

life is like that....

Yesterday, I strayed into my gym (don't ask me after how long). I cannot explain it (I guess it's those primeval suicidal tendencies prevalent in the human species that have kept global populations in check these millennia) but I somehow found myself in the parking lot and I asked myself,"..why not?..."
"May be they have new machines", and so I ended up in the gym. The receptionists did not seem to notice a stranger enter and so I thought, "You see, you belong."
I joined the busy bodies endlessly running to nowhere with no one chasing us, experimented with a bunch of contraptions my son would have had a field day labeling the various components of compound machines; pulleys, levers, wheel-and-axles, block-and-tackles and other dumb ones- ever wondered why they call them dumbbells? I was perfectly OK before this escapade but now I find it quite straining to simply de-cork (or is it un-cork) a bottle of Belvedere. Getting up from a sitting or lying position is a painful experience so I have resigned to not putting myself to this uncalled for torture. Thanks to the Oracle of Būsen, my bottle of Belvedere is open, and me thinks it's going to rain today.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for finally putting that membership to good use. THink of the pain as a reminder that your monthly contribution is paying off on your muscles ;)

    ReplyDelete